anyone done both breast feeding and bottle feeding perhaps with different children or something? which was better and why?

I bottle fed my first child thinking of breast feeding this baby but wanted some opinion on what was better, and what your reasonings were

rockabell2003

Asked by rockabell2003 at 11:43 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Breastfeeding I think for about 3 month's I tried both because I wasn't able to latch on. But I started to breastfeed and It was just much easier because you don't have to warm up the milk or make bottles and it better for them!!!!!
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 11:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I brestfed for about 2 or 3 months with each of my sons. I stopped because i didn't produce enough milk and they would stay there with me for like an hour. I felt totally teathered to the baby and I didn't enjoy breastfeeding. It's important to breast feed and I would say it's definately best to do so even if it's only for a day. Some is better than none at all. In the end, the bottles just worked better for me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• Breastfeeding is better for babies, mother, the family, society, and the environment. It has lifelong health consequences. It offers hormonal advantages. There are over 400 things in human milk that is not in formula. Human milk is a living fluid that changes to meet the baby's changing needs and can't be duplicated. Virtually all mothers can breastfeed.

Formula causes illness and death (UNICEF).

I bottle fed babies I baby sat for. No advantages only disadvantages.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• at first i breast feed baby number one but i had small or i should say no boobies my doc said it would be best to bottle feed the baby
    so i cook supper and my hubby bottle feed all five kids lol oh yes they have grown
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 11:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• It's amazing that virtually all women can breastfeed but there are so many women on cm that can't/couldn't bf. There usually is a reason. They give the babies bottles and pacifiers. They don't breastfeed at night. They actually have plenty of milk and just don't think they do. They make up stuff so they don't feel like bad moms.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• i have always had my heart set on breast feeding than bottle. it is more healthier for the baby.
    heavenlove83

Answer by heavenlove83 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• I breast feed and leave pumped milk for DH to feed when I have to be away for short periods. DH always complains about the bottles being such a pain and how our baby just doesn't seem as satisfied from the bottle.

Bottles are messy. It's more dishes to wash. I hate washing dishes. We don't do formula, but I know it's very very expensive. Breast milk is free.

Also, the calming effect of nursing for the baby is really spectacular. When DD gets upset, like bumps herself or gets startled, she can nurse for a minute and then she's all emotionally healed up. She likes it, I like it, it works well for us.

I take my baby to work with me-- I spend all day driving from place to place to place with her. I couldn't imagine taking water and bottles and formula to mix and then having all the washing to do later. Breast feeding is SO much easier for our lifestyle.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:05 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I haven't done both, so can't give you that info, but I did just want to share my experience. It has been mentioned that breastfeeding is best. Don't let anyone tell you it doesn't make a difference. But besides just the health benefits, there is something so sacred about it to me.... When my baby was inside me, my body nourished him through the umbilical cord. I could make sure he only had the best by eating the best. When he came out, it was so natural for me to continue nourishing him with my body. I realize you can hold your baby while bottle feeding, but I can't imagine it is the same as the actual connection when you feed your baby from your own body. That is such an awesome honor! I can look at my babies fat rolls and know it all came from me, know just what I ate, and feel so warm and proud! Good luck, mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:08 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Also, for moms who are busy or feel like the SHOULD be busy, breastfeeding requires you to stop and take a break with your baby several times a day. Just to relax and feel life flowing from you into your child. Wonderful!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I bottle fed my first 2 kids and breastfed my youngest. Breastfeeding was so much easier. She self weaned at 14 months, she is 3 years old now.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 12:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2010