how can u choose a baby name that both parents agree on?

since i was old enough to know about having kids i choosed my baby name if its a girl and my man really dont want to name her it. the name i choosed is Savanna Marie and he wants her name to be Amber Leighann i like that name also now that i wrote it any ideas?

heavenlove83

Asked by heavenlove83 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Baby Names

• maybe one of you pick the first name and the second name and then switch it for the next child.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• what about amber marie? i like that alot.

personally i would tell him to go F himself because your the one that has to be pregnant and give birth. just sayin
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:46 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• that is a good idea on switching the names like that. they both sound really kewl thank you
    heavenlove83

Comment by heavenlove83 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• There are TONNNNNNNNNS of websites that have babynames listed. Take in consideration how to explain why the child is named what he/she is... our son is the third (Jack...., III) and my husband was not the "Jr." but to reduce confusion of calling 2 grown men and my son Jack, he's a "third" and we call him"Trey" which is Middle English for "third". Try to figure out a meaning that you both agree on maybe and try to find different names that mean something similar and try to agree. Just a suggestion... though complicated I guess.lol Sorry.
    JBsMommy402

Answer by JBsMommy402 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• With our daughter, I of course picked the first name and my husband picked her middle name.
    reagysmom

Answer by reagysmom at 11:52 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• We basically wrote down a few names we liked seperately..shared them and agreed or disagreed then came up with a list together..it was a hard process sometimes cuz hes older and wanted this weird girls names lol..but we decided to name her if its a girl after his mother since neither of his first two daughters have her name..and the boys was much much much harder..since 90% of his family is boys! and he didnt want any of there names..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 11:53 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• When me and my hubby were choosing names for our little girl we were completely at odds. So I got online and chose names that I liked and then gave him the list. He then picked his favs from that list and we narrowed it down from there.
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 11:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010

• My DH and I had a really hard time. That's why our son didn't have a name until he was half a day old! LOL! We really did have such different tastes. In the end, I went with a first name DH chose, and a middle name I chose (after my father). I would say, if he really hates the name you like, don't push it. If you like the name he likes, go for it. Next baby girl, maybe you can negotiate a little more. GL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Savanna Leighana
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 12:04 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I like Savanna Leighann. Very pretty. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2010