My belly button stinks and hurts...what to do?

From around 11 am until about 6 pm I was working in my mother's yard. I was sweating heavily, the heat index was around 100 degrees. Then I stopped and drove an hour to my house. On the way in I started cleaning the garage, for about 2 hours. Finally I went in the house and collapsed in front of the fan. I started smelling a horrible odor. I had taken off my clothes so I was just in my panties. I sniffed all over but couldn't find where it was coming from. Finally I got up the energy to go up to shower. On the way up I passed my hand over my stomach and it came away damp. I smelled and it was horrible. I showered and cleaned in there real good, dried it well, q-tipped it with peroxide and used Neosporin. But about 10 minutes later it was smelly again- and very sore too. I waited awhile, washed it with baby wash and swabbed with alcohol and water. Still smelly & hurts worse now. What could this be? From all the sweat? Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Aug. 12, 2010 in Health

• Could be from the sweat. Do not use anything in there but soap and water. The alcohol and peroxide will make it worse.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• This: Could be from the sweat. Do not use anything in there but soap and water. The alcohol and peroxide will make it worse.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• vinegar! hope you feel better soon mama!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My first guess is you got a yeast infection of sorts....try putting baby powder on it...and try to let it air out as much as possible. If you don't have any luck with that, or it gets worse...go to the doc!!!!! Best of luck.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• try washing it with soap and water hope it gets better
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• SORRY BUT THAT WAS NASTY !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 12:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010