What's a fast way to thaw frozen chicken breasts?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 12:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I do that too, but if I'm really in a hurry I'll put it on a plate in the microwave to thaw.... it only takes like 3 mins on defrost
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Microwave Thawing
    When microwave defrosting food, plan to cook it immediately after thawing because some areas of the food may become warm and begin to cook during microwave defrosting. Holding partially cooked food is not recommended because any bacteria present wouldn't have been destroyed and, indeed, may have reached optimal temperatures for bacteria to grow.

Foods thawed in the microwave should be cooked before refreezing.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I use the microwave to defrost in a hurry.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Thaw in cold water, but not in hot. It raises the food temp enough to develop bacteria and you don't want to make your family sick. I don't like thawing in the microwave because the edges start to cook and they are rubbery. I thaw in cold water. If the pieces are boneless and have frozen spots (where they were stuck together) you can work them under running water and it thaws those pieces quickly.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I thaw it in the sink filled with cold water. It cannot be hot, because the top layer starts getting cooked.
    smileyface9999

Answer by smileyface9999 at 3:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• sometimes I put the package in a bowl of room temperature water if I need it thawed right away.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 12:04 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• put it in the sink and turn on the cold water over it. you want cold because you don't want bacteria to grow which can happen at room temp or hotter.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• my man takes it out the freezer and either put it in the macrowave or put it in water
    heavenlove83

Answer by heavenlove83 at 12:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have an older microwave and I just put it in the microwave on the regular setting for 4 minutes. That's for 2 or 3 boneless breasts. It may take more or less time for more or less chicken or bone in.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 12:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i thaw it in the fridge overnight...or if im in a hurry, i do it in the sink with water
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2010