fmla?

so i was reading a book and it was saying something about morning sickness and nausea being considered a chronic condition and that you dont need a doctors note to call off of work for it? is that correct?

williams81209

Asked by williams81209 at 12:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'd say it would depend on your job and your boss, but I highly doubt that most bosses would be okay with just letting you not come in due to the fact you are pregnant.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would get one from the doctor just to be on the safe side. You never know what your employer will (could) pull these days!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think it depends on how bad it is. if it's so bad you can't work without throwing up, it might be that bad. But if you just get a little whoozie, I'm not sure that it qualifies.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 12:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree that probably was the case back in the day.U probably have to check with your job.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• or ill just look up fmla stuff lol
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It depends on your employer. Mine required a doctor's notice for every absense.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't know if calling out from work with morning sickness will fly with many companies these days. If you have it that severely you may need a note from your boss, but just calling out and thinking they will keep your job for you....I don't think so. Plus when I worked and took my time off for maternity leave and FMLA, I had to file paperwork with my company for it. If I were you, I would show up for work and if you throw up, then let them witness it and let them send you home. At least then they will know you are truly sick and not just making it up (because that's what a lot of employers might think).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:46 PM on Aug. 13, 2010