Do you beleive there are angels among us? I love this and want to know what you think!

I was walking home from school on a cold winter day
Took a shortcut through the woods, and I lost my way
It was getting late, and I was scared and alone
But then a kind old man took my hand and led me home
Mama couldn't see him, oh but he was standing there
And I knew in my heart, he was the answer to my prayers

Oh well I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
To guide us with the light of love

When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees
There's always been someone to come along and comfort me
A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand
A phone call from a friend, just to say I understand
And ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
That someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 12:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, i do believe. When I was growing up, my mom used to read us a couple books on angel stories. There were stories like this, of protectors that some people could see and others could not. There were stories of providence, stories of people having impressions at the right time, and even stories of angels appearing to remote tribes and teaching them Biblical principles (I know these are true because my mother researched some of them for a professional documentary). I have no doubt there are angels among us, but I think popular TV and movies about angels twist things up and prepare people to be mislead.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes I do. I listen to a Christian radio station and recently they were discussing if people thought animals could sense angels/demons. Lots of people were calling in with stories, and a lot of them had stories to tell about small children instead of animals. The amazing thing to me was how similar they all sounded, and just like an experience I had. It's not miraculous by any means, just kind of strange. I was up with my son in the middle of the night when he was about a year old (he was a terrible sleeper) and he was staring up at the corner of the ceiling in his room. He pointed up there and said "dat?" meaning, "what's that?" I didn't see anything. He kept pointing and asking. Then he smiled and waved and said "bye bye!" to the blank ceiling. He definately saw something! And it wasn't something scary, so I say angel.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• YES, I do believe in Angels!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I used to believe in angels around the same time I used to believe in Christianity. I don't anymore. As much as the song is a saccharine sweet sentiment, it has it's issues. There surly isn't enough angels to guide all those who could truly use the hope in this world. Hopelessness still pervades the world. I believe that many times angles are just one of those hopeful but wishful thinkings.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:04 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I do believe. There have been certain times in my life when I sensed help and guidance that didn't seem like the inner workings of the Holy Spirit, but something external. I have heard of other's accounts that I believe were real.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Does anyone actually believe that angels aren't exclusive to the big 3 monotheistic religions? absolutely. Angels didn't just pop into existence with the advent of judaism. Lots of ancient cultures believed in them. They may have used culturally relevant names for them, like agathos daimon in greco-egyptian culture, but the specific type of spiritual being seems pretty similar to angels. The concept of personal guardian spirit is ancient and pretty universal as far as i can tell. Oh, and yes i believe in them.
    angelenia

Answer by angelenia at 4:27 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh well I believe there are angels among us
    Sent down to us from somewhere up above
    To guide us with the light of love

They wear so many faces, show up in the strangest places
    To grace us with their mercy, in our time of need

Sent down to us from somewhere up above
    To guide us with the light of love
    To guide us with the light of love
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• LOVE THAT SONG!
    I don't believe there are angels (I'm Atheist) but I do believe ghost walk among us and help us along.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• As a pagan, I use angel magick to guard my watchtowers. They are great guardians.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 12:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i know there are angels! if there wasn't i wouldn't be answering. i should have been dae before i turned ten
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 1:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010