How do you prevent bumps when shaving your bikini area?

I shave and always seem to get the little bumps. I dont want to wax that just is not something I want to try. I have tried different kinds of shaving cream, but I'm tired of spending my money on stuff that doesn't work. Has anyone found anything that works great for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Use conditioner. Shave with the grain of hair until your body is use to it then you can go against it.
    brendaeg

Answer by brendaeg at 7:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• *Make it the LAST thing you do in the shower. You want the heat of the shower to soften the hair so the razor doesnt "tug" it and irritate your skin.
    *I use hair conditioner, but you can also use a shaving cream.
    *Shave with the grain or with the hair. It wont give you a completely smooth shave,but it will decrease the irratation then it would going against the hair.
    *After you have shaved where you want to, apply Aloe Vera gel or an unscented, chemical-free lotion to the area. I use Bikini Zone, I love it. I have also heard of a salicylic acid-based treatment is smart and I have heard of Tend Skin Liquid being good.

I read to stay clear of the multiple blade razors because your hair is pulled up for a close shave, but then the hair goes back below the skin's surface. that will make them more likely to curl under the skin when it grows back which would be one painful in grown hair! OUCH! never thought of that though!
    breegee

Answer by breegee at 8:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Tend Skin is great. you can get it a Sephora.
    ibyanga

Answer by ibyanga at 7:32 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Crazy, but swear by it....put deoderant on after you shave. ALL over, and dont hold back. I use Dove, it goes on white and fades to clear. There is no trace of it. Just give it a try. Think about it, your armpits typically dont get bumps. Plus, it something you already have on hand. I have done this for YEARS and swear by it.
    chicklet

Answer by chicklet at 11:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I use Sure "unscented" solid deodorant too!! Works GREAT!! I'm a fiar skinned red head and always had the bumps... until I :
    1. Only shave down there 1x a week
    2. Use a New Razor every time
    3. Shave with / then against grain (do not go over same area more than twice)
    3. I use "Inttimo Kitty shave cream" (at christies) works GREAT
    4. towel off and follow with deodorant.
    No more bumps!!
    hwillard123

Answer by hwillard123 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 9, 2008