is it wrong or not fair if the father of your baby wont change the diaper

my man says that he would not change the baby diapers unless he has no choice to. he says that he dont have any problem changing the baby if its a boy is that wrong?

heavenlove83

Asked by heavenlove83 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My husband does everything I do, including poopy diapers. Especially in the beginning when I was recuperating from the birth. I could say I think your man is wrong, but it doesn't change anything. He may change his mind after the baby is born and he realizes its no big deal.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Take him with you to a newborn care class, maybe that will help.

But to answer, I don't think it's fair but he might not be comfortable with cleaning a girl cause he doesn't have lady parts. Ask him why. Like what's so awful about changing a girls diaper and come back and tell us...if he's home.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I dunno, my grandfather didn't change a single diaper. Sounds a little old fashioned to me. However, my husband said the same thing, but he's found that he actually doesn't mind.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 12:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My DH used to get really freaked out about changing DD-- the girl parts worried him. He actually thought he was doing it all wrong and would hurt her or not clean her right and cause an infection. I helped him. He got over it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My husband was like that. To this day he has changed four diapers and that was only because he had no choice. My daughter is no longer in diapers and neither is my son. My husband even went so far as to make gagging sounds. yeah. nice. lol!

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My hubby told me at our son's birth that he was uncomfortable changing diapers and would consider it around 6-7 months. Well, life got stressful and I bugged him so much about manning up that he still has yet to change I diaper that I know of. I'm sure he would if he really needed to, though. Some men are just outright stubborn. But with me, I take the most care of our son - diapering, clothing, bathing, feeding, preparing food, etc... he takes a load off of me when he sees I'm having a really rough time but otherwise, I guess I cant complain - he works like a dog to allow me to be a stay/work at home mom and keep our son out of daycare.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 12:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think its lazy and selfish, sorry. He should have no problem doing everything you do for the baby, minus birth and breastfeeding. As for the little girl thing, he's just going to have to man up. Show him how to do it the right way, front to back and all the creases. It may be uncomfortable in the beginning but he should get over it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• There is no right or wrong in my opinion. I really enjoyed that interaction with my babies. I did not mind that I changed most of the diapers. I think it is a personal choice.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 12:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Sometimes its easier for us women. My DH has really big hands so its hard to change a small diaper. He will when they get older but I usually have to ask. It can't be poopy either cause he is a big baby when it comes to smells. As long as he does it when needed I don't think it should be a big deal.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 1:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• That's strange. Maybe he just isn't sure how to correctly clean a girl? He should be helping regardless of gender.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010