Do any of you have problems with your parents now that you're married or have kids?

My parents and I are constantly into it over something! Ever since my firstborn came 5 years ago my mom has been treating me like crap. I've brought this to her attention several times but it just results in more arguing. She never tells me she loves me anymore, never invites me over or to do anything, doesn't listen to a word I say unless it contains my child's name in it, and thinks I'm a terrible mother. She's critical of everything I do with my kids. She changes their clothes immediately when they go to her house and my daughter's hairstyle. My dad has called my husband in the past stupid only because he's jealous that hubby graduated college with 2 degrees and he never graced the doorstep. Recently hubby got a new high paying job and neither parent said so much as a "that's great" They act like they're mad about it. If my kids don't want to go to their house sometimes they say that I put it in their head!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes, they try to control they way I raise my kids and disagree with what I feed them to when I bathe them.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Nothing too serious, but in a lot of ways I have different a parenting style than my mother and she loves to tell me what to do, or rather what I "should" do lol. She's pretty good at catching herself though so it doesn't cause a lot of issues. I'm my mother's only child so I've accepted the fact that no matter how old I get, she's always going to be "parenting" me even when it comes to parenting!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Your parents sounds like they have there own issue and it sounds to me you allow your children to make there own decision about if they want to go to grandmas and grandpas house. I would just plain out tell them that need to change there ways or they will never see there grandchildren again. You are the parent of these children so you make the final decision. Good for your hubby and you and your family sound like you really don't need your parents to put you all down for no reason. So hang in there momma.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• honestly I would cut parents like that out of my life in a heartbeart!
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 12:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• nope, were good, always have been
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:23 PM on Aug. 13, 2010