What breastfeeding products do you use?

I have been buying Lansinoh to prepare for my baby. What do you/have you used? What do you like/not like? Thanks!

Erin814

Asked by Erin814 at 2:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• breastpads were a must with my first, but not my second. Nursing bras :) For my second a sling/wrap was a must, for breastfeeding or not lol. I never cared for a boppy or anything, I just used pillows to help me (you will need something to rest your arms because nursing a newborn is very tiring!) thats all I remember that were a must for me and my situation. (burp clothes too lol)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Lansinoh isn't recommended any more. There is nothing you need to buy. You have everything you need for bf.

I used washable pads. Some moms like nursing bras and clothes. The Boppy may be the worst nursing pillow, there are other choices. You don't need nursing cover-ups. You don't need pumps, bottles, pacifiers, formula.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My boobs. lol

I used washable nursing pads in the first few months when I leaked like niagra falls when my milk came in. And I loved having a sling to carry her around in and nurse in and be relatively hands free.

I did need a pump and bottles when I had to go back to work, but if you're staying home they're really not necessary.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 2:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I use Medela lanolin, it goes on smoother and easier than Lanisoh which is great when you're sore and cracked. I use it 2-3 times a day every day and it definitely helps keep soreness at bay. I prefer disposable pads, the washable ones are thick and I get really sore when I use them. Nursing bras both for day and to sleep in, Target actually has some great ones that are inexpensive, and TRY THEM ON. Don't leave the store without trying it on. I have had to take so many back because I assumed it was the same size so it would fit the same, it was even the same brand and style (weird, I know). I also have a manual and an electric pump. The manual I got when dd gave me deep tissue bruises and it hurt too much to nurse or use the electric pump. The electric pump I use every morning to pump for cereal and a "just in case" bottle. The nursing cover is amazing! I love mine, I am very very modest and hate nursing uncovered.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2010