I invented something for my son to learn better but is it selfish

I put something together for my son, to learn to read his class words better, he is one of the slower learners in his class. and then i showed his teacher, but a few moms saw it and said oh i want to do that for my child, or wow you are making me look like a slacker"" and i got upset because they all want to go home and do it for there children, I was so mad that the teacher didnt return it fast enough for nobdy to see... and these moms children are top readers in the class...im frustrated killed my thunder.....thanks for listening

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Hey mom.....its GREAT that you are so pro active and helpful with your sons learning...but you have to realize that ALL parents want their kids to learn as much as possible.....as parents we are in this war together.....the good the bad and the ugly! We need to encourage one another and HELP one another. I would just be proud they thought my idea was so great! It didnt kill your thunder....it just made it louder!!!!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Hey, we are all moms trying to do the best for our children. So what if some moms loved your idea so much that they would like to try that with their child. That's a huge compliment to you. Relax, if more moms really tried to help eachother, we would be a lot better off!
    3kidz4me

Answer by 3kidz4me at 7:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You are looking at the wrong way, you have received a wonderful compliment, be happy that you are not only helping your child but other children as well.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It is so great to see parents involved in their children's educations. There are a lot of parents who think it's the school's job! KUDOS to you. Don't worry about the other moms, they're just jea;ous!!!
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I think you should feel flattered,I know I would. Us moms have to stick together, just because some of the kids maybe be better or faster readers doesn't mean they aren't struggling. They didn't steal your thunder at all, just made it louder.
    crystees_mom

Answer by crystees_mom at 8:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'd feel a little frustrated, too. And yes, it probably is selfish, but that's human nature. Try to turn those feelings around and feel proud of yourself instead! After all, you are helping so many more children than just your own. And all these parents know it was your idea. And if you don't want to let other parents in on your great idea, next time, don't tell the teacher!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would feel proud.... wish you would share it with the rest of us....LOL HELP
    Anonymous

• At first I would be a little upset but just think you could help so many other kids. I would just do it for the kids. Be proud someone likes your ideas. I wish I could come up with something someone would like like that.
    mom3cutieboyz

Answer by mom3cutieboyz at 4:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2008