I'm letting him cry it out

He's been whiny all day...I think it is a growth spurt, but seriously, even when I am holding him he cries, non stop.

Have you ever tried letting you LO CIO

he's 9 months, and has been crying all day unless he is eating or sleeping. Finally I just let him follow me around the house crying and he wouldn't stop. It's 9 minutes til midnight and enough was enough so he's been in his crib for about 5 minutes just crying. He is starting to calm down I think.

He is getting hysterical, then that tires him out he lays down for a second and then goes at it again, IDK how long this will last but nothing has worked and I'm tired.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you given him any gripe water?? and also, going in there and rocking him every couple minutes, probably isnt helping the situation..its just teaching him that if he cries for long enuff, you will come back...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We used the CIO method a few times. Our son was typically asleep after the first few minutes.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• it's been 10minutes so I am going to try and rock him and then I'm putting him back down...
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• maybe he has an ear infection or something? crying all day like that would concern me
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 3:02 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I think it's because his dad isn't home yet, and he's working a long day/night so he won't be home any time soon so I have to deal with the separation anxiety.

I put him back in his crib and he's at it again
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I had a hard time with trying CIO. Is your little one teething? Poor guy and poor mommy! I hope it gets better soon!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• have you cuddled with him stroke his hair and tell him you love him. do something that his dad would do
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• He got 4 teeth in at once a while ago, that was awful. I dont see anymore trying to come in, but I gave him teething tablets a little bit ago just in case.

His dad doesn't do any of that, his dad walks around with him for a while and if that doesn't work he lets him play all night, which is not happening if I'm home. And yes I try comforting him but it just gives him more energy, he wants to be buck wild like how his dad lets him...this is what I assume because every time I pick him up he is trying to just be wild and pull hair, or get down and get into stuff.
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• what is gripe water?
    DomoniqueWS

Comment by DomoniqueWS (original poster) at 3:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• he could have colic.maybe hes teething u just cant see them yet. try rubbing his tummy and sing softly to him
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 6:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2010