wang to lose weight

so im moving soon and decided to turn my second room into a work out room. well any ways i want to loose atleast sixty pounds. do u think if i eat 1500 calories a day and burn off around 1000 calories doing extra workouts not including my regular walking i do at work etc it would be fine for my body?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No, that would be severe crash dieting. You want no more than a 1000-calorie deficit per day, or else you're likely to screw up your general health. First, figure out your calorie requirements. Here's a calculator: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598
    Then, remember that if you get an extra 1000 calories of exercise, you need to increase your food intake accordingly, so you aren't crash dieting. So, if your basic calorie requirements are 2000 calories a day, and you're actually doing an extra 1000 calories of exercise, that'd up your calorie requirement to 3000. So 2500 calories a day would give you the healthy 2 lbs/week weight loss that can be maintained without destroying your body.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't know how you feel about eating beans and brown rice, but that with fresh fruit allowed my son to lose 10 lbs a week. Email me for the specifics if you are interested.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you could join weight watchers to learn about the proper number of calories to take in, and to burn off. they are very good about what kinds of foods to eat, and exercise, and support...they seem to cover all of the bases for weight loss, and keeping it off!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you need to find your BMR.

there are online food journals that you can log what you eat and what you burn.
    you want the calorie deficit to come from a mix of reduced calories and exercise.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:39 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If you Google How many calories to lose weight, it will give you a chart based on your height, weight, and age.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:26 PM on Aug. 13, 2010