RE:At what age did you stop showering with your child(ren)?

ok....seriously?! Wow! Last year I asked a siilar question, but I had mentioned that I wore a bathing suit if I was bathing with my kids for fun, especially when I was trying to get my daughter to bathe and not be scared of the water, I'd get inthere and show her that it was not scary and let her pour water in my hair so she could be comfortable and it helped her, I got critizised and scrutinized for wearing a bathing suit and not being "comfortable" enough with my girls to be naked in front of them and how they were going to be self cautious of there body and not be comfortable because I wasn't comfortable being naked around them. Yesterday I ask this question and I get alot of responses about parents that don't bathe shower with there kids and stuff.....wtf?! Sometimes asking questions really doesn't help....either way I end up feeling like shit and like I'm a bad mom and not doing something right!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 4:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• why would you end up feeling bad about that? i don't shower with my kids and you showering with yours doesn't make me feel bad LOL. .so don't let it make you feel bad. and don't let these moms on here make you feel bad... i don't think you a bad mom for showering with your kids..just like i don't think others are bad moms for not showering with their kids. sometimes moms on here just like to argue and cause drama. don't worry. i answered the question but never went back to read it again..so maybe i'll take a look and see what you are talking about. either way chuck this to having differences of opinion.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would supervise my children until about age 10 or whenever their modesty gene kicked in. As a single Mom there were times when I had to shower and had a small child who I could not leave unattended. In that case, I would put the plug in the tub, toss in a few bath toys, sit the child (age 2 or 3) in the tub, then turn on the shower and bath myself. It was the only way I could be assured that I could get ready for work without wondering what the kiddies were up to. I know it sounds odd, but it was not done in any perverted way. When I purchased this small home that only had one bathroom (which should be against the law) someone would be showering, someone using the toilet and someone using the sink. To free up time in the bathroom, I made my dd a makeup table with lights and plugs for her hair dryer, etc. It got her out of the bathroom. Not sure if this is what you needed, but this has been my experience.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 4:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Well, I don't understand why you wouldn't be naked around your kids, whether they are boys or girls. My son is almost three and I shower with him everyday. I don't think there is anything wrong with showing your body to your kids. Even with dads and daughters. So, the answer to the question "What age is appropriate to stop showering with your children" I would say is when the kids get old enough to want to stop.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yeah, I know we all have our difference of opinion and I respect others but its like damned if I do and damned if I don't. I'm not trying to cause harm to my children either and I do have little girls and it's important for me to be the best role model. I'm not trying to over expose them by being naked with them and showering with them but I'm not trying to make them insecure by not being naked, so it's kinda cofusing to me. Yes, I have other children but this is my oldest and I'm still learning with her. I don't want to make big mistakes and confuse her but it's hard cause I'm confused myself about all this.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 4:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I am 22 and I still shower with my momma, and if my grandma needed my help, I would shower with her, too...
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 4:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• ^^ NAKED. I shower naked with them!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 4:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Also, my nephew lived with my sisters and me, and all of us girls walked around naked in front of him, OH, and we sat on the pot with him in the same room, because we couldn't leave him unattended!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 4:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I never showered with my kids.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 4:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Do whatever makes you comfortable. My mom was naked around us a lot, I showered with her til I was 6, and this was mostly because my hair was so long and thick that once water saturated it I could no longer hold my own head up...pathetic I know

but yea, then after that I started showeing by myself or bathing with my baby sister, to save time, and we had one of those water heaters that had limited hot water. So showering together was better than taking a cold shower.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I only showered with them on very rare occasions. Only when the situation warrants it. Other than that I don't want to coz I like having my own space and peace when I shower. Nakedness in front of m girls is no big deal. I don't have a son but if I did, I won't be comfortable being naked around him I guess. But I don't know coz I don't have one.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 5:05 AM on Aug. 13, 2010