WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE? PLEASE HELP

So earlier today I washed some dishes and my 2 year old son climbed up the chair and grabbed something from a plate and it all fell and shattered, he had a gush of blood on his leg and feet, i didnt bother looking at his wound of course first thing is grab something white and put pressure on it and rush him to a nearby hospital ! so i got to this local hospital.. a lot of adults in the waiting room and a young 20 something came out to look at his wounds and i told her the plates fell on him he might of got hit on the head and hes bleeding a lot i could not tell if he had more cuts so i was expecting her to at least take him to triage... NOPE! she said go in the admitting to sign papers and btw their are 6 people ahead of him.. i said are you kidding?? hes only 2 years old !! how could you not make him a priority knowing that he could have a head injury and more cuts then u just see? she said hes not a priority so i left!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• anyway i took to a childrens hospital about 20 min away and they took him in immediately and hes doing good now.. what kind of rights do i have? can i consult an attorney? i would like to hear from u nurses out there! thanks
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 5:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• well I'm not a nurse and I'm sorry about your son, I hope he feels better but you might want to call and geta hold of the supervisor and complain also there are signs in waiting rooms and around the hospital with a phone number that you can call for incidents such as this. I'd go back and look for the number or call the hospital right now and talk to the hospitals supervisor!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes, definetly do some complaining! That is rediculas! When my son was 2 he gashed his forehead open on the corner of the hallway wall and was bleeding everywhere! I wrapped his head in gauze and rushed him to the hospital and there were 11 people ahead of us waiting to be seen but they sent him straight back to triage! I didnt even have to check in or anything...they had me fill out all of the paperwork while he was being treated. It turned out to be a gash that they could seal with a glue stiching and he was ok....but they didn't wait around to get him taken care of!
    efeyer25

Answer by efeyer25 at 5:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You could call, certainly. BUT, keep in mind the first nurse to see you is tasked with triage - that means ordering people in order of severity. By law she can't tell you what medical need the people in front of you have, of course. Do you know that the 6 people ahead of you weren't more dire? Perhaps there was a child or adult in anaphylactic shock. Perhaps there was a heart attack. Perhaps others were bleeding severely as well. Yes, your son's cuts needed to be seen but without knowing what those other 6 had going on, it's hard to say she was wrong to make you wait until they were seen.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 8:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You could hire an attorney, but if it's you vs. the hospital, the hospital will probably win.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2010