Having a mini CRISIS

I was laying cuddling with my sweet baby boy, 1yr old, and just realized how fast one year has gone by. I just realized that my baby boy won't always be a baby boy, one day he will be a man, a man who has his own kids, and perhaps a wife, who, if he will turn out to be the man I want him to be, he will be such a great father and husband that he won't just be my little boy anymore.

I have been crying for like 5 minutes over this already and every time I look at him I realize how I won't have these moments back ever. My day to day life, actually minute to minute life is planned in accordance to what is best for him, and I am so torn up at the idea of one day he will be a man and not need me anymore. :(

anyone else ever have one of these break downs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• HA! Thats why we are on # 5...LOL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• he will always need you. i have three kids one is 31,29,and 19. they alawys call me needing advice,hangout or just to listen and be there. his needs will just be a little different as he grows older.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've had my moments of grief whenever a developmental stage passes but as time goes on I look at the bright side.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 6:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes time goes by fast. So take pictures and videos and enjoy your time now. He will always need you. But that need will change and form into a greater bond. Just be happy in the moments.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:53 AM on Aug. 13, 2010