would you trust him

my daughters so called boyfriend was caught cheating with his ex. my daughter is pregnant with his son. she says she loves him and want to forgive him but i dont trust him, hes never given me any reason to

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 5:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Truthfully, it is not your place to have to forgive him. It is your DD's. You can not like or trust him all you want. But if your DD deside to stay with him. You will just have to learn to deal with him anyways.

Answer by louise2 at 5:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree with the above post, it's really not up to you to trust him, it's gonna be up to our daughter, personally you don't have to and be cautious for your daughter but she's gonna be the one to make that choice, it sucks and he's a douche for cheating on your daughter but its gonna be her choice and decision weather she wants to make things work for him or not. I'd be there to support her not matter what, You can be there to give her advice and pretty much let her know that if he cheated on her he obviously doesn't love her enough and respect her or his own son to cheat on her while shes pregnant with his baby. Talk to her and make sure she knows our only looking out for her but be supportive with whatever she decides to do.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• yes i agree the best thing to do is b there for your daughter because when theres drama and tension she might have to choose between u 2 and its obvious shes going to pick him
    it really sucks because us women are so blind but we have to learn the hard way just be supportive he might change once she has the baybeh!
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 6:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You can tell her what you see, and I would do that, but don't be disappointed if she doesn't pay any attention at all to your warning. She is needy, especially right now, and she will choose to see only the good in him. However, once the baby arrives and she gets a taste of what life is really going to be like, her eyes will probably be pretty quickly opened. Then you will have to decide whether or not you are going to take up the slack for the playboy daddy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It is not your place to trust him but hers, if she is willing to forgive, ask her if she is willing to keep doing this, because it will more than likely not stop.

Answer by older at 8:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• How old is your DD?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 9:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you dont have to trust him, thats between him and your dd, but i understand as a mom you dont want to see your child being played.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Of course I wouldn't trust him but he sounds like he's a young guy, right? He may mature, he may not. Your daughter is going to have to do what she feels is right. She may have to forgive him several times before she realizes he's not trustworthy. Or maybe he'll surprise everyone and be a great partner and dad. You never know.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• he s 27 years old witha daughter who just turned six. you would think hed be mature but i think hes just a big kid. he does support his other child. he just hasnt treated my daughter right. like cheating,lying ,and just not supporting her. she never knows where she stands with him.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I agree with first poster, it's not your place. I personally wouldn't trust him but this is your daughter's life and her decision, not yours.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010