can a leg cramp cause you to pull a muscle?

I had a really bad leg cramp and it feels like I pulled a muscle on my leg and it seriously hurts really bad, I can't even walk on it without it hurting! has this happened to you and how can I make it go away?!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 5:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Health

• omgosh! I know! and theyre getting worse I use to get them once in a while now its every night!!! I have about 4 more weeks so I'm hoping they'll go away!
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 6:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• When I get leg cramp I tend to move it in ways that I wouldn't normally, trying to get rid of the cramp - resulting in a muscle being pulled or twisted..
    a-mee

Answer by a-mee at 6:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Adding more Potassium (Vitamin K) to your diet will help reduce the frequency of leg cramps or "Charlie Horses." Calf muscle cramps are deep set contractions, and because of that and the fact that you need to use that muscle to walk, it can be painful for a while thereafter. They can also be caused by wearing high heeled shoes frequently--which causes the calf muscle to shorten/contract.

If/when the next cramp occurs, you should immediately stop and stretch through it, until the spasm ceases, and follow up with a deep heating rub to keep the blood flowing the muscles keeping them flexible.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2010