I don't want to hurt anyone with my question.

But have you ever thought at a scary moment that your child might die, that this was it for you if he dies your life is over just might end yours as well?

I thought my son had gotten into some pills only a few that were in my purse, I freaked out totally thought I just killed my kid, turns out no these pills if he did take them arent that harmful to him. But I didn't know that during the wait time, and I cried and cried and cried even after finding out. And I told my husband "I keep it together for our son, I realized today if it wasn't for him I don't think I would even be breathing today, if I loose him thats it I loose it" it was scary to realize that, through all the close calls you have with your child and then to realize that come so close in your head with that thought scared me more then anything has ever scared me.

whoreallycares

Asked by whoreallycares at 6:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• its okay thats y theres cafemom to support eachother
    i have when she was only 2months old she had gotten a stomach virus frm the day care and she wouldnt eat or poop she had to be hospitalized i was mortified and freaked out she looked soo tiny in there and when they would pooke her to get blood out she was crying ugly
    thnk god nothing happend since there IM her shadow always
    im glad your son is doing good and nothing bad really happend kids will always be kids
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 6:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yup I've thought about this. My dd hasn't done anything yet that has tried to kill her but I've already informed my hubby that if something does happen to her & she's kidnapped or killed that he better be on the phone calling the dr to get me an immediate anti anxiety rx cuz I'm gonna lose my shit! IMO all moms have these thoughts, just means you love your kids soooo much & recognize how incomplete your life would be w/out them.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• When my son was a toddler he just about gave me a heart attack by almost walking off a cliff. I'm glad your son is o.k.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 6:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My 6 week old gave me a huge scare at delivery... All of a sudden his heart stopped beating and the had to rush me in for an emergency c-section. I was scared to death that I had lost my pride and joy before I ever got to meet him!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i had a daredevel at the age of six months, at the age of one cuz of where we were living she had a high lead level count. an inlaw had tictacs laying on the table right next to a script, i freaked out until they told me it was just tic tacs. its scary i know. i panick all the time.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My son at 18 months got into his diaper bag, opened a CHILDPROOF cap, and drank and entire bottle of children's Motrin.
    My daughter at 10 months flipped her high chair over and broker her femur. Thank God that was all she broke.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i can honestly say that if it wasnt for my daughter i wouldnt be alive i had lost a baby and the pure burden of it being my first child i had lost in it self almost killed me. i tried killing myself by o.d.ing and my ex found me and took me to the emergency room i was treated and released. well i had planned on taking a trip by myself and trying again just a few months later and before my little get away i started having pregnancy symptoms and it was my little life saver. so i completely feel you on the thought of if it wasnt for my kids i wouldnt be here and yes i know my actions were stupid and selfish but that was then and i have three beautiful children to live for now
    expecting2twins

Answer by expecting2twins at 6:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I often think about this when I watch the news and see parents killing their kids, incomprehensible to me, and when others dissapear on a daily basis. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like without my three grown ault kids.

Answer by older at 7:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Aww I'm glad your son is ok we all have a few moments like that whether they take some pills think they ate the diaper rash cream or whatever hard lesson to learn. Just makes us realize how much more careful we should be.
    I laways thought that too if one of my children should die that would be the end of me. I dreampt that my son got hurt somehow for yrs I remembered that dream I can't anymore he's 30 now and it was when he was little but one never knows I was scared for ever that he was going to die. I thought yep this dream os telling meto be prepared Thank God it never happened.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes I feel this way.. I feel my son saved me from my life and I don't know what I would do without him.. in all ways...I call him my reason.. because he is.. my reason for EVERYTHING
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010