Anxiety Problem

Does anyone have an anxiety disorder/problem which has worsened or returned in pregnancy? My anxiety problem which i suffered with through my teens has suddenly returned in my 3rd trimester :( leaving me with sleepless nights (amongst other things) Does anyone know anything which will help? I'm stuck as any meds are off the cards!

a-mee

Asked by a-mee at 6:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• salaam sis I to suffer from anxiety but mines is really bad .I dont know how bad yours is but I will tell you if I'm in a store all of sudden I get dizzie light headed and I will have to leave the store . and man let me tell you i have MISSED some great sales because of this gee I tell you what more . BUT HAVE TRY ED THIS ANS YES I TAKE MEDICATION 3 TIMES A DAY BUT TRY TO ONLY TAKE IT 2 TIMES A DAY OR ONCE .OK SO WHEN YOUR HAVING THAT FEELING ALWAYS HAVE A WATER BOTTLE IN THE FREEZER RIGHT BEFORE YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO ANYWHERE SO YOU CAN IT SLOWLY THIS WILL HELP YOU KINDA OF SNAP OUT OF IT THIS ALWAYS WOKS FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE . ON AND THE TEA FOR ANYTIME OF DAY BUT IF YOU WANT USE IT FOR NIGHT TIME ITS GOOD FOR THAT USE TOO IT IS CALLED SEVEN FLOWER BUT IT IS A SPANISH LABEL SO YOU FIND IT IN A MEXICAN STORE
    nina722

Answer by nina722 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• when i was pregnant i couldn't get into cars without feeling extreme anxiety. i would feel like the breath was being sucked out of me and my feet would cramp up and my body felt overly hot and flustered. i am muslim so what helped me was remembing Allah and seeking refuge in him from all evil. i haven't experienced it again since giving birth. maybe you can try some calming teas. do some research on them. i would try camomile , anise seed
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'll have a look into the teas! Thanks for the advice! I feel like how you described, but when I am going to bed, so it can be really difficult on a night, maybe drinking the tea before bed will help, thank you :)
    a-mee

Comment by a-mee (original poster) at 7:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2010