do you have a basement?

if so, what do you use it for?

san78

Asked by san78 at 7:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We do have a basement, but it gets a little damp when it rains, so we don't store anything down there. Our fuel oil tank is down there, as well as our furnace, so the only time we venture down there is to check the fuel level so we don't run out. Since we only need fuel to heat the house when it's cold, we haven't been down there all summer. We may have gone down a couple of times when it was raining to make sure that the sump pump was draining the water out of the basement, but I honestly don't think it has rained hard enough to worry about that all summer.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We have a huge basement same size as our house over 1700 square feet. Right now mostly it's storage. I have the freezer down there & dh built me a craft room a few yrs ago. We want a storage area, a bedroom, big living room, kids play area, and a bathroom it's plumbed for that but we haven't gotten anything done down there in about 3 yrs.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No but I wish I did.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We do not but there isn't really any need for one and my family as well
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 7:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• YES!! It's a finished basement and is my kids' play room--we have a slip covered sleep sofa, loveseat and club chairs with ottomans, several beanbag chairs, their own TV, stereo, a reading nook/loft that my husband built with a "clubhouse" underneath, an air hockey table, and a pool table *hubby's). This fall I'm going to finish designing/decorating a separate section for my hubby--so he can watch his sports--complete with leather recliners, flat screen TV/satellite, a mini bar, and displaying all of his sports memorabilia--it's my 10 year anniversary present for him! Then the rest of the house will be MINE!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes I love my basement it's for storage, workshop, crafts, kids play area.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• no
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 7:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Laundry, storage, and tertiary play area.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Nope. We had one at our last place(we just moved 2 weeks ago). all we used it for was to store junk that we didn't need/use. I HATE clutter. it felt so good to move and get rid of all that junk we didn't need. now that we don't have one, we won't hoard random crap :-) lol
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Part is the laundry, part is storage, and part is our band room.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2010