how do u wash ur dishes

i hated the fact my mom would just throw everything in the sink and wash it as it goes

i would do it w hot water soap and clorox ...do utensils and cups first ( i want the water to be clean to wash the stuff that is being put in the mouth 1st)
then plates then pans and plastics and after clean the stove etc.... wat about u..my hubby says im weird and i get mad when he just dumps stuff in there too lol

Leilene07

Asked by Leilene07 at 7:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I wash out the sink.. clean all baby items, toys, bottles etc. clean out sink, wash cups and silverware, clean out sink and then plates and finally cooking items.
    I have a very small sink and no dishwasher so the water in the sink gets dirty quick.
    I also clean when I power cook... about every two to three days because I make my own baby food and make all meal for my family 28 days a month. (Once ever 2 week I get a cooking day off)
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have a dishwasher...so I only wash delicate pieces and those that won't fit by hand. But before putting them in the dishwasher, I go over them with a dish scrubber! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i used to have one at my old APT and i never used it bcuz i didnt kno how hahahaha
    and now our new place dnt have one UGH i became used to it when i visited a friend lol
    Leilene07

Comment by Leilene07 (original poster) at 7:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I put the plates in the bottom of the sink wash the cups and bowls then the plates, silverware, then the pots and pans last
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• its a chore all of us do and i would like more of u guys show us how u do it
    some new ideas can definitely help others
    Leilene07

Comment by Leilene07 (original poster) at 7:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I put the soap on a rag, wash and rinse.
    If there is a lot of dishes, like say after company has been over, I will use the dishwasher.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 7:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We use a dishwasher for most plates, so we usually do cups & utensils by hand. When we do hand wash, I wash the cleanest stuff first. Usually utensils & cups & bread plates. Then move to progressively dirtier stuff. I don't add bleach, just dish soap. If the water gets really nasty, I will reload the sink with clean soapy water. I wash all my dishes, then move them to the other sink. I then drain the soapy water and put the dish drain in there. I then rinse the dishes, and when rinsed put them on the drainer.
    Squirrell34

Answer by Squirrell34 at 7:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wash mine in the dishwasher...lol
    sarahbell811

Answer by sarahbell811 at 8:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• the dishwasher unless i have done alot of cooking. if you have a disherwasher and don't use because you think it uses to much water- you need to rethink that. washing by hand uses more water. i have a neighbor that was like that!!!
    kimber2465

Answer by kimber2465 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would not use clorox - too toxic - the fumes alone can make you sick - I wash my dishes in hot soapy water ( I only use Eco-Sense products) -we have been illness free for over a year and there are 6 of us in my home - so this seems to be working as far as keeping germs at bay :-)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 13, 2010