how do you choose an associate to become a friend?

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 7:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I am a little leary of calling people. So I always text. It's an anxiety thing for me, and I often don't answer my phone. But I'll text til the cows come home lol. If you want to be friends outside of work, just start inviting her to do things outside of work. And she may also resist that at first as well! But just let her get to know you and trust you. And let her know you would love to hear from her! And when she calls be excited to hear from her! I met the closest friend I ever had at work. If you really like her, just keep trying. GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Chemistry has always done it for me, a gut feeling that tells you this friendship is right.

Answer by older at 8:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• male or female? I usually see how well we work together esp. under stress-do we always have each others backs no matter what? Then I'll see what we have in common and how often do we share our personal stuff. Then we usually set up something fun to do outside of work. My last job is where I found my best friends. (females)
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i am talking about female to female friendships. I think i asked the question because i am wondering about an associate i have. I really like her and would like to move the friendship forward but it seems that she is a little gun shy on friendships. for instance.. i will try to call her.. and she talks and is excited about hearing from me but SHE never ever calls me ..and when she makes contact it is by text. i've told her that i don't thnk you can develop friendships on texting.. but she still does it. so i was wondering how.. one does the step up.
    am i wrong for thinking you can't develop a friendship by texting? i love to chat online so i find it very easy to make relationships online but texting.. it just doesn't move me to think friendship.

actually a couple of years back about 2 years after i converted religions my best freind of 25 years began to only email me and text me. and when i said to her.. hey whats
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• going on i can never talk to you anymore she said to me " oh im into texting if you want to talk to me text me or email me" well.. that just about killed the friendship for me.. it's been 2 years since i've spoken to her. she's emailed me.. but i do not respond (well i stopped responding after i emailed her 2x to ask about how she was doing even after i thought what dunk after all these years to regalate me to emailing but i did it anyway) she didn't respond for an entire year.. she so now i just don't bother. can texting really change your relationship?
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• ok ladies thank you for your responses.
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 2:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2010