is your baby floppy?

my baby is 4 months old and seems to be very floppy although she is moving around the crib, arching her back , she is bringing her knees up and pushing off of her feet, she sucks her toes, but i sometimes when i hold her i think she is too floppy. is there something i can do to strengthen her up a bit

Aasiyah

Asked by Aasiyah at 7:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is too funny!! I would just keep an eye on her. My daughter was the BIGGEST noodle!!! It was such a change from my other kids who would try and support their weight even as newborns when you stood them up. I honestly thought she would be very late with walking - she was SO weak. She ended up walking right around a year old. I had forgotten how noodle like she was! :D Yours may just be a little weakling too!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• She will strengthen up in time! Before you know it you will wonder where your floppy baby went! :D

If you are really worried about it, just talk to your doctor. He will tell you if there is anything to be concerned about.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• micheledo.. wanna laugh... i did talk to the doctor about it.. ( i am now living in saudi arabia) and the doctor took his two hands.. pulled on her ears.. wiggled her around a bit on the table and told me she was good to go no issues. LOLOLOL my husband and i were in shock. we were like what is that? LOL but we've seen many things here that are good in medical carel so we hope he's right LOLOLOL
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 7:45 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Im sure she's just a noodle baby! Thats nothing to worry about. You can talk to your dr but most likely, she'll outgrow it. I would do those bicycle leg exercises and lots of play time.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Wear your baby in wrap or sling or mei tai type carrier. It help them to develop muscle tone naturally just be being up right. And limit time in baby buckets. swings, seats, etc.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• just wait a month and see how it works out i had the with my son well still a little at 4 months his head would complitly go more towards one side so i took him to the doc and she send me to some therapy with some specialist and so now they come home and he is doing a lot better everytime they come they give me new excersice for him to do and now he is doing great his head is straight now so just make sure you put her in her tummy a lot
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My son was never floppy. He could stand with me holding him at like 6 weeks. He was always muscley, Im sure your little noodle is fine though :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• thank you ladies...very helpful
    Aasiyah

Comment by Aasiyah (original poster) at 2:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2010