Has any Mommy read "The No-Cry Sleep Solution"? I'm having troubles with a sleepless 8 1/2 month old. :(

It's been tough for my husband and I. I have been trying my hardest to get Taylor to sleep through the night. I am not one to have my baby cry it out and it seems that's the only advice I have been given. So, I researched the Internet and found a book called "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. I just started using some of her tips and I didn't know if any other Mommy has read her book and had success with it. My husband has a wacky schedule that switches every 6 weeks from nights to days. It's hard for me to keep a routine steady when he needs to sleep during the day during his night shifts and it's hard for me to keep her quiet during the night when he needs to sleep for his day shifts. We also have a 2 year-old so I don't want to disturb her because we have a small 2 bedroom apartment and the rooms are side by side. Any advice? Thank you!! :)

cjkoret8581

Asked by cjkoret8581 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't discover this book till we were past the sleeping issues, but I've known a lot of moms to have great success with it.

Keep in mind that sleeping through the night is a mere five hours, and often isn't achieved in the first year.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I didn't read the book, but I am familiar with the method and have used something similar -- successfully. Focus just on helping her to fall asleep on her own to START the night. The rest will fall into place. Keep in mind we *all* wake up to some degree at night. for a child that can't self-soothe to sleep, however, waking at night means WAKING at night in order to have nursing, rocking, whatever puts her to sleep to start to help her fall back to sleep. :) If you can help her learn to soothe herself to sleep in the first place, waking fully and crying out at night will work itself out. If you've got specific questions about methods feel free to PM me.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 8:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I'd like to know more about the "no cry sleep solution" if anyone on here knows more about it please message me and let me know..i know it's not an answer sorry
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:01 AM on Oct. 7, 2008