Is anyone out there using Vontage as their phone service? If so, how do you like it, and would you recommend it? Our phone bill has SKYROCKETED & we're thinking of changing. Looking forward to some feedback! Thanks! :)

ScrappinMomma69

Asked by ScrappinMomma69 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I haven't had it but my parents did for a couple months. It was really awful. The service would go out while we was talking all the time. One time it went out for three days. Also their 911 service is different too.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 8:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I had it here in Florida and it was okay for the price. But if you use the phone company for the internet, Vonage doesn't offer that. That's why I haven't switched back cause we have satellite. So I have to use the phone company here
    KIMJUSJEN

Answer by KIMJUSJEN at 5:20 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I have some bad things about Vontage. Check with your local cable company for phone service. we have ours through Comcast. About 45.00 a month with free long distance, call forwarding, call waiting etc. WIth local 911. The only thing is, If the power or cable goes out the phone goes out. Rarely happens, Yet, we have a cell phone as back up just in case.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 1:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Yeah vontage is a nightmare. Alot of people have had it in my family and truthfully its not that much cheaper and the quality stinks. I switched to broadband over a year ago and its been trying to say the least and I will spare you all the details but I have switched back to a company called Voicepulse and they are only 15.89 a month and that gives you everything included with 200 minutes of long distance (which I don't even use that amount in a month so I picked this plan) or you can go to 24.99 a month with unlimited long distance. But you do have to have a good high speed connection. Right now I am paying 15.89 plus the 20.00 a month for roadrunner lite so it comes to 35.89 a month for phone for me which compared to the 75.00 a month I was paying is a deal.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Also Timewarner if they are in your area are offering a cheap bundle package with their digital phone you may want to look into that too.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 8:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I have it. I had some problems for a while, now it works better, I would say quite good. The only thing I don't like their three way service doesn't work right and I have to use it a lot. I might switch from them.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 1:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2008