Did you know that the stay has been lifted???

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/08/12/california.same.sex.ruling/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Way to go California!

Asked by older at 8:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I am not having a good morning older so I am REALLY going to try and keep this civil. This statement if you knew anything about law was uncalled for

Actually yeah I do, so go ahead and send what you read my way and I'll show you the flaws. Because if it in any way uses the law to justify denial of rights it is full of shit.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No I hadn't heard that! YAY! I don't see why everyone has such an issue anyhow.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 8:56 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yay! The prop 8 supporters can appeal if they want, but the Judge's decision was very well thought out and well written. They are going to have a hard time proving that an appealable mistake was made. I think the decision will stand on appeal.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yah, Grace and Momof3.......both of you need to tone down your comments. You insult everyone on a daily basis and reveal your narrow-minded views without even realizing how bad they sound.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Thank you older and gertie. Gertie I gave you a vote up. Older I bumped you.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Good. Let them have rights like other couples! Why shouldnt they get to pay out ten's of thousands of dollars for a divorce like the rest of the married couples?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:04 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I heard
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Your welcomes.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Yes. Yesterday. Was a little surprised it didnt make it on here yesterday. Those who want to better do it quickly. The stories I was reading seemed to think it would probably be overturned in appeal.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Gays will be able to marry until the appeal is final, if you knew anything about law you would know that there is a lot of precedent of law backing this decision, and the appeal for repealing will be hard to win.

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2010