How can I make my 13 month old wear shoes?

My son lays on the floor and refuses to walk whenever I put shoes on him. Without shoes, he is running all over the place. I am freaking out because it is starting to get chilly out! I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good kind of shoes that feel "natural" on their feet? Right now, the shoes I am trying are kind of heavy.

calebsmommy1223

Asked by calebsmommy1223 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Get some of the light suede bottomed shoes - like Robeez or Pedipeds. Target sells a house brand that's nice but not pricey. You can also try socks with grippy bottoms - try Target again.
    Except for protecting his feet from cold or protecting them while outside, he doesn't need shoes. They aren't good for learning to walk.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I bought mine those leather shoes at target, they feel like leather socks here is a link http://www.target.com/Infants-Jack-Lily-Shoes-Puppy/dp/B000U66YSG/sr=1-11/qid=1223340095/ref=sr_1_11/602-8697396-0420617?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1038590&rh=k%3Ashoes&page=1
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My girls were the same way... I found these really cute shoes that squeak with every step they take... That helped so much!!! The shoes made it fun for them to wear them because of the noises they made. The website I bought them from was weesqueaks.com
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Robeez.....they are very soft and they don't hinder walking in any way. I suppose I might be the same way if I had been barefoot for so long....LOL......One of the reasons I have been buying my kids shoes since they were born.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2008