Is there some super secret society for days off that I don't know about?

So I'm sitting here atw ork this morning, and I'm rather early... so no-one is here yet. It got me to thinking about another time or two that I have come to work on days that we apparently were off, but no-one bothered to tell me.
I sat here.... working.... waiting.... no-one else showed up. I finally call my boss and they act as if I'm a nutjob and ask why I'm at work. They have also decided last minute we wouldn't have to work till noon and I showed up at 8:30 like usual.

Have you ever had things like this happed to you at work?

I love my job so it doesn't really matter... lol, just curious if I'm the only dummy to go to work when I'm not supposed to but not know. :)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I came to work on Memorial Day, it was noon before anyone called in then asked why I was here. I went home, but like you, I had an extra little bit in my check no one else had.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• lol I'd be asking if I could leave when everybody else came in! They get a 1/2 day why can't you have one too? Nobody bothered to tell you? That's kinda messed up! I'd be a little pissed that I'd gotten up & everybody else got to sleep in.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've went in just to find my schedule had changed at the last minute before. As in half an hour before I was supposed to be there, the night girl calls and says she can't work that night and my boss switched us. Didn't even call or anything. So I drove nearly and hour to work to find out I had to work that night.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh Nyx... I WAS pissed! lol.. But then I tried to look at the positives and say that was an extra $50 or so on my paycheck that they weren't getting. :)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 8:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010