Have you ever walked in the Susan Komen 3 Day?

If you have, how did you get your team together?

What are some fundraising ideas you used?

I seem to be having issues creating a team, but I am determined to do it this year if I have to kidnap people and drag them to it with me! lol

*Yep! Just watch CNN in October of 2011 for the nutjob kidnapping people and forcing them to walk with her! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!*

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No I never have and I have a friend on here battling cancer they are doing a walk in WIon August 22nd I believe. I would love to go but it's some 800 miles away at least. Get the word out put out flyers in your area ask yuor friends and family. I want to so bad to do ours in October but it would only be a 1 day event.
    Good Luck on getting your team together bake sales are good funds raisers. Some kind of T Shirts maybe I don't know
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No. It is not a charity that helps people and I would not be involved. I am a person with a life threatening illness and I know the difference between the charities that do things that help people and those that don't. If you wanted to do something about breast cancer it would be better to promote breastfeeding as a preventative. This organization uses money to support the organization and to fund research for a cure. It's not about helping people (except themselves and researchers).

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• nope.. never have.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• No, but I always give to Cancer. My Paternal Gr-Mother had a breast removed, and my oldest DD had 1/2 her cervix removed due to pre-cancerious a couple of years ago. Sure wish they'd find a cure, it's been WAY TOO LONG COMING.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2010