What are some great fundraising ideas?

I am building a team to walk in the Susan Komen next year (giving myself and my team a year to get conditioned to be able to walk the 60 miles - 20 miles per day).

You have to earn a specified amount per year to walk.

So, what are some great fundraising ideas?

I thought of having breast cancer items made and sold, collecting cans, putting out donation cans all over town, getting sponsors, bake sales, etc.

I am looking for some really unique ideas also though. :)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 8:16 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

Scentsy consultants do fundraisers...I am doing one for Non-hodgkins Lymphoma right now!!! I'm happy to help with your cause if you're interested. Just let me know. We are actually coming out with a new "cause" warmer Sept. 1...it's for breast cancer...you can see more pics on my facebook page, and I'm happy to send you a catalog!!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 11:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Little Caesars Pizzas have a great fundraiser! Check it out online. The pizzas are great too. People around here love them and can't wait for the fundraiser each year.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• have dinners..charge per head. holiday parties..charge per head. ...of course make sure you let everyone know its for your charity event. I think a halloween couple costume contest would be cool (charge) and have them win a prize. You could do it up really big. Make it fun.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We did a a "one-stop shopping party" for our nursery school last spring that worked really well. We signed up different types of home parties to come for three hours and advertised the event. We had Tupperwear, a purse party rep, Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, etc, plus raffel items donated by local businesses and refreshments. It was fun and profitable. We're going to try to do two parties this year.
    mjjn

Answer by mjjn at 8:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• How did that make funds for your nursery mjjn? How would that work? It sounds like a really neat idea. :)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Aug. 13, 2010