Ideas to bring romance back?

My husband and I have only been married for 15monthes and we have a 2 year old and he has a 10 year old from a previous relationship. Life is busy, as we all know, but our romance has seemed to be fading a little. We are always so tired! Anyway, I was wondering if you guys had any ideas that I can do bring the romance back? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jen282

Asked by jen282 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Go away for the weekend just the 2 of you preferably to a nice white sandy beach... no cell phones, no tv, no computer....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 8:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Tell him every day something about him that you admire and/or appreciate. Thank him for every little thing he does that makes your life easier. Tell the children what a wonderful man they have for a daddy. It's even more effective if he overhears your telling them. Brag on him to your friends(ditto the above.) Tell him how much you enjoy his company and that you are trying to arrange to spend more time there. Look for special opportunities to ask for his opinions and advice. Make mental notes of things he has asked you to do and make sure they get done. Don't nag. Pay attention to your voice tone and facial expressions when talking to him. Do they always communicate love and admiration? Be sure you show more interest in his life than anyone else does. These are the things a man finds very romantic and they are also the kinds of things he will repsond to very quickly. He has to be your top priority and know it!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• a sexy outfit will do the trick..especially in his fav color(s) victoria secret has some good ones, also sex shops. I would visit a sex shop-they have unlimited ideas in there
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Reading your comment just made me realize that is exactly what I need to do to start. When we go a while without be intimate, then I start getting depressed like there is something wrong with me. And I know that I show him a little attitude....like he is supposed to just know what is bothering me. He always does says sweet things and is a great dad. I guess my biggest problem is with the intimacy or lack there of these days.
    jen282

Comment by jen282 (original poster) at 8:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I've thought about surprising him with lingerie. But he will talk about how tired he is and I just take that as a no. I would feel really bad if I did that and he was like...no tonight honey!
    jen282

Comment by jen282 (original poster) at 8:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i would like to share with you what I did for my husband one day that he LOVED and talks about to this day. You can of course fine tune it to your taste. I asked my parents, or a friend to watch the kids. When he got home from work he walked into to see me dressed as a sexy maid (victoria secret). I had a duster in one hand a bottle of wine in the other. I was in total character when I said " Welcome home, I am having a hard time understanding your letter you left me to follow." I handed him the letter. On the letter it said , checklist. #1 clean the house, #2 buy wine, #3 send kids away, #4 buy sushie (local grocery store), #5 Give me a Blow j. When my hubby got to that his look of shock and delight was awesome. I said OKAY and led him to the chair. It was awesome!!!! He bragged to all of his buddies and it helped to ignite things. I will cont..with other little ideas...
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• AmyLynn....I would love to do an idea like that! I would be so nervous though. I know it's my hubby and all. I would love to hear more ideas that you come up with.
    jen282

Comment by jen282 (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Other suggestions...when he comes home from work you can have the shower going for him or a bath and jump in with him. You can take the kids for a walk and hold hands. You can surprise him with his favorite dinner, tell him you have a surprise for him when the kids go to bed and have the bedroom set up with a few candles, music if you want (enya creates good back massage music) and tell him you are going to give him a nice long back massage for him working so hard. THe evening will really show your appreciate him. Have some baby oil and rub him down. Have him turn over and start with his arms, hands and work DOWN. Tips so he wont fall asleep....Talk to him. Of course he just wants to relax but you want to keep him up so say things like...how does that feel. How was work. anything happen interesting. Use it as connecting time. Send him sexy texts.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I was so nervous to do it as well! In fact we chuckled a little here and there but it made it fun and spontanious. Practice makes perfect. You could start out small and see his reaction. For example, when he comes home have a tray waiting for him with a beer on it and a favorite snack of his and a sexy note. Example my hubby likes cheese and crackers. The note could say, love you just wanted you to know I love and appreciate all you do. PS...if your up for a BJ you know where I am. That way if he doesnt want one he probably wont say anything...but this can let him know you would be willing to just take care of him and he can be tired and lazy...but they you could after lets say a few mintues of him...HOP ON!!! He will be awake at that point. LOL
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I like that idea! Maybe I'll try something like that tonight. You've got me thinking! LOL!
    jen282

Comment by jen282 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010