how can i get my baby to stop pinching at the breast

she pinches the ariola and it hurts i try saying no but i fear she is to young to understand that

lovemybaby478

Asked by lovemybaby478 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter started grabbing my other nipple when she was about 6 months old and what worked the best for me was to distract her. i started wearing a nursing necklace and would offer that to her when she reached out.
    she's just interested in what's going on over there and exploring with her hands.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• A nursing neclace is a good idea. Also, when she does it, take your breast out of her mouth and tell her "no, that hurts mommy." Eventually, she'll get the connection.
    bamsmom2001

Answer by bamsmom2001 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I stopped nursing (momentarily) when he/she did that. They do catch on and stop!
    preshies5

Answer by preshies5 at 10:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008