omg lice help please asap

Every comb (I'm only 5 combs in) is producing SO MANY BUGS OMG. What do I do with them? I'm throwing them in the grbage. What do I do with the bugs

gottalovemal

Asked by gottalovemal at 9:13 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Calm down. Go to Walmart and get the lice shampoo. Wash everyones hair. Soak all combs and brushes in very hot water. Wash all blankets and pillows in warm water. It will take a few treatments to get them all. If your kids go to a sitter you'll need to let them know too. Lysol anything their head touches that you can't wash like couches and chairs.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Also Vacuum everything and throw out the vacuum bag everytime!!!!! I agree that since you can't use the chemicals on her then you need to do this everyday until you no longer see anymore and even a few days after that!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• the pharmacist said she is too young for the shampoo, what do i do with the bugs?? thats all I need to know.
    gottalovemal

Comment by gottalovemal (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Drop them in a glass of water. Then down the sink. Also rinse hair in apple cider vinegar it helps to get the nits out. It dissolves the glue or whatever it is.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• How old is she? Just picking them out won't work.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Also for the future to help prevent it use tea tree shampoo. It smells minty and it really does help prevent them from coming back.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Place the combs in hot water to kill them. Also, you need Rid-ex for head lice. You need to clean all the bedding in hot water to keep them under control. It amy take a while to get them under control.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• ""How old is she? Just picking them out won't work. """

Yes, it will. But you need to comb out the nits as well as the bugs. Bu for best results you should to comb daily for 2 weeks after you have found the last live bug. It takes up to 10 days for a nit to hatch. Nits can be hard to remove as they do stick to the hair shaft. So patience and persistence is needed. I hadn't heard of the apple cider vinegar idea before, but it sounds like it could work.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Do the treatment (mayo, oil etc.) first it will make it much easier to get them out.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• You can drown them and flush them out of your home. Throwing them in the garbage can is not killing them. Grab all the stuff animals in the house and place them in a black garbage back for about 2 weeks. This suffocate any lice that might be on the stuff animals and as SalemWitchChilded stated start washing everything, especially bedding! Seeing you can' use the chemicals on her, I would be combing and washing bedding daily. I also would keep stuff animals and other things bagged up until thing were all cleared!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2010