• In the Spotlight:

He isn't eating much?

My son hasn't been eating much lately. He doesn't want to eat. He is 15 lbs, but has only been eating MAYBE 24oz of formula a day. I was told they need to drink 5floz/2.2lbs...so he's drinking 10oz less than he needs to be. Is this ok? What is the absolute minimum a baby can eat and still be okay?

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• heres a chart for you
    http://www.earthsbest.com/baby_nutrition/feeding_schedule_print.php
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• How old is he? maybe something other than formula. I have a friend whos baby wouldn' t eat formula at all and the doc said it was ok to try other stuff to substitute. I don't know what the min. is probley depends on the size of the baby and if he is having enough wet diapers and bowel movments he should be getting enough.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My ped told me that as long as they are aving plenty of wet diapers and gaining weight they are fine. I have a 5 month old and he has slowed down on his formula intake because we introduced gerbers.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:05 PM on Oct. 6, 2008