I want to go to college. Are there any grants for single mom's?

I need to do something. I feel like I am standing still. I want to get the education I was never able to get. I live in PA does anyone know of or received any grant to go back to school?

jdpsmom08

Asked by jdpsmom08 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in

• Go to USA.gov and look up the "Pell Grant". It is for low income families and if you qualify it will actually pay you to go to school. Due to the fact they pay you more then you need for school, so you get to keep the extra money. There are plenty of grants and scholarships that you can get through the government. Also go to Fastweb.com to see if there are any scholarships you could apply for.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Call or, better yet, visit some schools in your area and go to the financial aid office. They will have many resources to help you. Also look at http://www.grants.gov/. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:31 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I just enrooled in school and i to live in PA. And yes theres lots of grants and monies out there for you to go back to school. I live in Altoona PA I enrolled at YTI career Institute and they are so awsome they are really helping me get what I need as well as puting me in the right direction to find other help out there but all you have to do is pick where you want to enroll and go from there.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 9:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Thank you all!!!!
    jdpsmom08

Comment by jdpsmom08 (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• there are so many grants out there it's scary LOL
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• do some research
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:49 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• There should be something out there for you. Wasn't Obama doing something for single mothers to be able to go back to school or was I dreaming?
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:49 AM on Aug. 20, 2010

• there are tons out there, ask at the financial aid office of your local college. Good luck!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• google it or ask.com for grants just be very careful okay
    avonbuyorsell

Answer by avonbuyorsell at 2:58 PM on May. 20, 2011