Has Anyone Here Gotten Adult Acne and How Do You Get Rid of It?

I am in my 40's and recently have gotten adult acne. It's been six months and I still have it.
Any suggestions?

MassMomof3

Asked by MassMomof3 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• if there have been no dietary changes, no new drugs or supplements, no new make up or lotion or soap...then it could be hormonal changes causing the problem.
    honestly, i would look into eating a clean diet and really cut back on the dairy and see if it helps.
    good luck!
    ( i know eating too much sugar will give me acne :))
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• if you wear makeup make sure it is oil free and not too old. don't overwash or underwash your face. I use St. ives Apricot scrub every other morning. I loooooove that stuff. it is very gentle, lifts oil and tightens pores (which rids of black heads). If you use something similar, if it overdries there are great oil free moisturizers.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have always had to battle bad skin

I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub in the shower. I use alcohol pads in the afternoon - it is so humid and hot here that I get really sweaty and oily by mid day, and I use and astringent at night. I also have a cream called "Zap it" or something that I use when I can feel one building
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wash my face twice a day with Neutragena Advanced Solutions. I've tried everything else. I always had the occasional breakout, but it became chronic in my late 20's.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I used to have a problem with this, and then I started using Neutrogena Clear Pore cleanser and mask (it's one product). I still break out with a pimple every now and then - like when I'm under a lot of stress or I'm starting my period (actually, usually when the stress and my period are combined) but for the most part, it's really helped.

I gently wash my face with my regular bath soap (Caress) on an exfoliating washcloth, rinse it, then use the face cleaner.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:43 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I use makeup removal towelette. If I have a breakout I stick alcohol on it and it goes away.
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 10:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have always had acne prone skin, good skin care generally keeps me clear. This however sounds hormonal since it began all of a sudden. Unfortunately I believe a dermatologist is best for handling this particular type of acne. If you wanted to try a cheaper route first, I've been using Skinplicity for the past 6 months or so and couldn't be happier with my skin. Good luck dear!
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I just make sure I wash my face in the morning & night, and after I work out. Exfoliate as well. If it gets too bad, I would see a dermatologist.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 12:25 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I told my daughters roomy about Juice Plus, her skin has improved and acne is almost completely gone. Contact me if you'd like to know more.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:45 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If it's something that just suddenly came on, you may want to see a dermatologist to make sure it's not something else. There are other skin conditions that look like acne, but the acne treatments don't work.

I've used all kinds of things in the past cuz I've had mild to moderate acne since I can remember. Right now I'm using AcneFree and it seems to be working for me.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 13, 2010