How did you have your hair done for your high school yearbook photo? Did you go to a beauty shop? Was it roller set? How much hairspray? Did your mom make you , or did you want it set?

My photo is my high school yearbook photo. It was roller set, teased, and sprayed. My mom made me go, but I didn't mind. I thought it made me look like my big sister!

peggy572

Asked by peggy572 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL...I grew up in Boston during the "big hair and big bangs" era...Aqua Net Super Extra Hold was my friend back then!! You can barely make out the color of the background in my picture through all of that hair!! LOL

I hot iron curled my own hair then teased and sprayed it!! I wouldn't dare post a picture of it!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I believe I did it myself, just straightened all of my hair and curled the ends. However, my natural hair color is blonde and I had my hair dyed brown... my mother wasn't pleased haha :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Nope.

I wanted my picture to reflect ME, not some alter-image I was projecting just for a picture.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I graduated high school in 1987. That should tell you how big my hair was, lol. I had my starched collar up too, Miama Vice style. I did my hair myself, curling iron and of course, aqua net.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My friend came over and fixed it for me. She used hot rollers, and it gave me soft, gentle curls. It was pretty long in those days, and I wore it down. I might have used a bit of hair spray, just so the curls wouldn't lose their shape. My mom didn't care how it looked, as long as I looked presentable.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:59 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Hair..long and straight. Bangs, curling iron curled, teased and sprayed. LOL I did it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:11 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• i had my hair permed just a few days before getting my senior picture took for high school other than that i did it all myself...sprayed it with hairspray and curled my bangs with a curling iron.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I graduated in 84 before the hair got big. I actually had shorter hair ~ a cross between Di and Hamill... LOL... did it myself.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I got a poofy perm right before my photo. I look ridiculous.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• As you can see by my profile picture, I had it done at a beauty shop I could not do it good enough for a School Yearbook. She did use hair spray, and it was my idea, not my Mothers. Oher than that I always did it myself.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 13, 2010