he wont drink the formula anymore!!

my son is almost 11 months old an he starting not to take the formula anymore. he is not sick or anything like that because he is still eating regular food. idk what to do my mom says to change him to milk but i thought babies couldnt have milk til they were a year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can try a mixture of milk and formula.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My son was the same way. He cut back to 1-2 bottles a day right before he turned 11 months old, by 11 months he and I both said forget it. It is just him tell you he is ready to put it down, It won't hurt him to stop now.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• telling*
    mrsbean08

• I am having this same problem with my almost ten month all daughter. I'm not sure if she is ready for milk that young. Sorry I'm not much help. I'm just curious to see what others have to say.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If you've been giving solid food first before the bottle, try giving him a small bottle (4 oz, maybe) of formula first, then solid food. Hopefully, he'll accept the formula better in small amounts before solid food.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 10:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you should call and ask his dotor that way your sure you can give him the whole milk. but usually at that age they drink less and less milk i remember my son would only drink3 bottles a day one in the mornign when he woke up another for nap time and then at night before bedtime. the doctor told me that was normal and good because now he was getting more vitamins and stuff from the food. she did tell me to make sure he was eating solid food if he didnt want food or milk then that was a problem but as long as he was eating food it was good. she did tell me to give him some vitamins for the transition from formula to whole milk since some kids stop drinking milk but my son was ok with it. so you can talk to the doctor and see how you can do it so that baby can still get all the vitamins he needs GOOD LUCK
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My son only drank 3 bottles a day at that age and my pedi said as long as hes getting 16oz a day then hes fine.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Offer the formula before solid feedings. Formula has the nutrients necessary until baby is a year. You can use formula longer then a year if you wanted to, but milk is acceptable at 12 months. You might begin the transition now, but I'd still suggest baby consuming some formula up until around the first birthday.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 13, 2010