Bottle breaking.

I'm starting to break my dd, who is 11 1/2 months, off of her bottle. She will drink out of a sippy but prefers her bottle. I am only offering water in her bottle and milk in her sippy. Is there anything that I can put in her bottle to make her not like it, but wont upset her stomach and what not? (like the old tricks of getting kids to stop sucking fingers or chewing hair type things?)

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 9:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no. just do what you are doing. And if you feel that she's not giving up fast enough for you, toss it out and ONLY have the sippy. She'll figure out that if she's thristy she has to drink the sippy
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• it took me so long to take the bottle off my son i tried what you are trying but it didnt work for me. so one day i just went to drastic meassures i completly took all the bottles away and threw them out. once my sno didnt see them and i told them they went into the garcage he would start drinking from the sippy cup and now is drinking just from the sippy cup no more bottle. the more they see it the more they want it
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I just threw the bottles away..lol..When the formula ran out, the bottles went in the trash :) He was 12 months and 2 days when i threw them away. He never asked for them at all. Just drank his milk from his straw cup. Of course i had been giving him some whole milk before the switch so it wouldnt shock the system. But if there are no bottles to give, it makes life easier :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 11:56 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I do plan to throw them away next week, but I was wondering if there is a way that would make her just not want it. She is really attached
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• When I weined my first son, I would only give the bottle at nap & bed times. During the day, it was sippies only. It may be a rough few days with some minor tantrums, but sooner or later your little one will figure out that sippies are much better :) Maybe tell her that "Big Girls have sippies."
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 12:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010