Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I make my childrens father listen to me?

I posted already that he was coming back to town after 13 yrs before. But now he doesnt want to allow me to fill him in on things i believe he needs to know about our children. He just says stop telling me what to do. I dont think i am but he doesnt know them what do i do. Help me please.

Answer Question

Asked by apiegurl at 10:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 12 (674 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Maybe he just wants to get to know his children the way that you did. From time and experience.

    Unless it's something medical that he needs to know (epilepsy, severe diabetic) in case something happens, just let him meet them in his own way.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • Isn't this something mandated by the court?

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

  • After 13 yrs why is he back...what do your kids think about this. Is there a custody order in place? I am kind of lost. If my kids dad was absent this long...I don't think he would be seeing my children period. In Ohio if they are gone over 3 yrs with no contact it is considered abandonment and I can have his rights terminated.

    Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.