How do I make my childrens father listen to me?

I posted already that he was coming back to town after 13 yrs before. But now he doesnt want to allow me to fill him in on things i believe he needs to know about our children. He just says stop telling me what to do. I dont think i am but he doesnt know them what do i do. Help me please.

apiegurl

Asked by apiegurl at 10:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe he just wants to get to know his children the way that you did. From time and experience.

Unless it's something medical that he needs to know (epilepsy, severe diabetic) in case something happens, just let him meet them in his own way.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Isn't this something mandated by the court?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• After 13 yrs why is he back...what do your kids think about this. Is there a custody order in place? I am kind of lost. If my kids dad was absent this long...I don't think he would be seeing my children period. In Ohio if they are gone over 3 yrs with no contact it is considered abandonment and I can have his rights terminated.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010