I need some help. My daughter is 3 months and it seems like she is anti social. Whenever some one else goes near her to hold her or even talk to her little lip gets all pouty and she cries. She will go to my husband but I am worried that this is becoming a problem. Has anyone else had this issue??

MommytoBe987

Asked by MommytoBe987 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• infants do have stranger anxiety at a certian point in time I honestly wouldnt worry about it
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry, Do you stay at home? Does she get much interaction with others? I knowmy son doesn't and and he get shy around people. He alwasy thinks I'm going to leave him there. He will never let me out of his sight. Our Doctor says that he just need to be around other people more often. So that is what we've been doing and hes getting better!
    sdierker

Answer by sdierker at 9:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• That's very normal, my baby is still in that stage and she's 6 month's. My pediatricion saw her at 4 moth's and when she picked her up my poor baby cried as if someone was hurting her. The ped told me to try and leave her w/ my mom or family member for 10 min and take a walk. She said babies don't understand that mommy and baby are two different people at 8 month's is when they start to seperate the two.
    2precious2

Answer by 2precious2 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Seriously?!?!? She is only 3 months old!!! She doesnt even have the mental capabilities to be "social" yet. Give her time, before you know it she will be talking up everybody she meets and you will wish she didnt!!
    jenmay44me

Answer by jenmay44me at 9:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• At this age she should be bonded to mommy (and daddy). She doesn't have room in her little world yet for other people. This is perfectly normal for this age! Just hold her close and before you know it she will be pushing you away!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Really?! she only wants you and daddy because everyone else is a stranger
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:18 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• your little girl is a bit early, but babies between the age of 4 months to about 9 months get stranger anxiety. Yours is just a bit early, i wouldnt worry to much, they get over it, and they start "meeting" people all over. Good luck..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Yes, my daughter will be 3 months on Wed. and already she is the same way. Daddy can be holding her and she will start crying if she sees me leave the room . . to her, I'm the best thing since Baba's (bottle) or Boobie!!! I spend most time with her and I go out of my way to entertain her. Daddy doesn't sing to her and talk to her as much as I do. He gets upset, because she will have a smile ear to ear with me, but with him . . . half the time she looks at him as if he's crazy. I think it discourages him . . anyway, like the other posters said, I think the key is to have your baby around other people in order to help socialize them, even if it's against their will.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 7, 2008