WWYD? DD has "eczema" only at home!!

A few mo. ago DD got a weird rash on her arm. We took her to Dr. and he gave us Eczema cream.. We put it on, in a few days it goes away, but then it returns eventually..
Recently she went over to my sisters house. She had her rash on her arm. That night my sis gave her a bath & within MINUTES the rash went away! She came home & her arm was totally clear of the rash from the water.. as where the cream takes a few days (my sis never gave her cream.)

And before I get remarks --- Yes! I bathe my kid! She is clean! And its not from her being in a dirty home or anything.. Cause so far that we have seen our house & grannies house (another town over) the rash stays...
But my sisters house.. it goes away with a little water..
(all 3 of us live in different areas & have different water)

So what would you do!?

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• What type of softener does she have? My youngest had horrible eczema when we lived at a place with a salt softener, but it cleared up when we bought this house and had a Kinetico softener installed, which we use with potassium instead. It's amazing how fast it all cleared up.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:35 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Go over there an get a couple of gallons of her water to bring home!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I had eczema when I was a kid also. There are so many different reasons it could be happening. It could be something as simple as one of you has well water and the other has city water, but it could also be a detergent, fabric softener, soap, anything really. It's so hard to tell. Basically, you have to try out one thing at a time, in order to ween it down. The best product I have ever used though is the Aveeno products.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Could it be some type of allergic reaction to something?
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• do you possibly have hard water?
    do you have pets that your sister doesn't?
    did your sister feed her any different foods than you usually do?

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Did she use a different kind of soap? My DD has eczema and we have to use Dove nutrium..
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:36 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It sounds like she is allergic to something in your house. My niece has really bad eczema, and it's due to her allergies. You may want to take her to see an allergist.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:09 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• What kind of soap do you use? Maybe it's that. Or do you have animals she is allergic to?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• do you possibly have hard water? I have no idea! Until this started if it cleaned us i was good. lol. but we wil be finding out.
    do you have pets that your sister doesn't? No.. Actually my sis & her granny both have pets & we do NOT.
    did your sister feed her any different foods than you usually do? No not really.. It has to be the water cause literally my sis put her in the tub with a rash.. and took her out & the rash was gone!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• JulieJacobKyle:
    That is really good to know! I will have to see if that is what is going on here!! It would be nice if by a simple install (dont know price?) could help her out would be great.
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010