what are some fun things to do at a baby shower?

shannonsmom555

Asked by shannonsmom555 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Here's a site with a ton of free ideas and printable items for baby shower games! Although the ones already posted sound really fun too!!
    http://www.babyshowerscentral.com/
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• At the last baby shower I went to we made a necklace out of beads to be worn during labor. Each lady picked a bead out of a basket and was given an index card, on the index card you wrote some advice you had for the new mom and then handed in the advice with the bead. The beads were put on a necklace and the advice was read aloud ... the necklace is suppose to give her strength and support during labor :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• guess mommy's belly size using toliet paper, choc diaper *melt diff. chocolates and put them in a diaper have people guess what candy bar it is*, who can drink from a baby bottle the fastest.
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 10:40 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Baby shower Bingo
    Playing the game:
    Typical bingo rules are followed, but the hostess makes baby-themed bingo cards containing pictures of pregnant bellies, bibs, formula and stuffed animals.

Game preparation:
    Baby shower bingo cards are available for purchase online or in some party supply stores.
    To create your own baby shower bingo cards, create a 4 x 4 grid (or 5 x 5) on tag or poster board. Use stickers or draw on typical baby items and ideas to fill the cards. Make sure that each card has items displayed in different order.
    Provide each guest with a card and bingo chips.

Suggested prizes:
    Since there will be multiple winners, prepare a basket filled with prizes such as gum, chocolates, note cards, nail polish and other fun items.

MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:44 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The Price is Right
    Playing the game:
    This baby shower game follows the same format of The Price is Right where guests guess retail prices for some popular baby items.

Game preparation:
    Purchase baby items such as wipes, diapers, booties, clothing, etc. Save the receipt to note prices.

Present each baby item a-la Bob's Beauties (where models show the product.) Have each guest write down their guess as to how much it costs. The person with the most (or closest) correct guesses wins. Send home the baby items with the mother-to-be.

Suggested prizes:
    Go TPIR style and give away a brand new car! (Just a toy car, of course!)

MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• What's in the bag?
    Playing the game:
    Paper bags containing baby items are passed around a circle, as guests try to guess what's inside. Each guest can shake, listen to or even smell the bag as it is passed around, writing down their guess for each bag.

Game preparation:
    Gather 10 different baby-themed items and place in brown paper bags

•Baby wipes
    •Stuffed animals
    •Baby fingernail clipper
    •Teething rings
    •Baby food jar

Provide each guest with paper to write down their guesses. The player with the most correctly guessed items wins.
    Suggested prizes:
    Place chocolates, jelly beans,lotion,bodywash or mints in a small paper bag to award the winner.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:50 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Pin the pacifier on the baby
    Playing the game:
    One by one, your guests are blindfolded before attempting to attach a pacifier to the sketch of a baby. But they won't be ready to attempt this feat until they've been spun around a couple times by the hostess. All will laugh when many of the pacifiers will not be close the baby's mouth!

Preparation:
    You'll need to draw the silhouette of a baby on a large piece of poster board. Create small pacifiers, complete with tape on the back, for each shower guest.

Variations:
    Have your 'baby' target be a silly sketch of what the honoree might have looked like when she was a baby. If mom's an accountant, place a calculator in the baby's hand. You get the idea.

Suggested prizes:
    The makers of SweetTarts make a SweetTart pacifier. These are easily found in the candy section of a convenience store.

MTM

Answer by MTM at 10:54 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• The idea of the necklace is awesome. Also, maybe during the shower pass around a journal for each guest to write something in. For my shower I requested story books inscribed be given, rather than a card. Because a book can cost as much as a card. And I keep the books for years and years. I have an awesome collection. Other than the typical games, the books are what I love the most.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• There is one game I remember.Get alot of string, & then you go around and have everyone use the string to guess how big mamas' tummy is.The one with the closest string wins.It's really a fun game.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:17 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• At my shower in March my cousins threw it, and brought a big bag of scrapbook paper and decor and all that...and each person at my shower decorated a page and then they put all the pages in a scrapbook they brought. Now all I have to do is add the pictures and write things down. It's great because he gets his baby book even though I don't have as much time on my hands as I used to in order to do such things. Plus, I do not have the patience to do a fancy scrapbook and probably would have just bought one of those fill in the blank baby books.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010