What's The Best Plan For Losing Baby Weight?

I am down to my pre-Second baby weight, but I still have about 30 pounds to my pre pregnancy weight for my first and another 10 I'd like to lose. My big problem is that I need a plan that I can really stick to because "Eating Right and Excercising" don't work because I always cave in and eat something I shouldn't. I need something that tells me exactly what to eat without being like all salads or complete starvation...I have wanted to try Weight Watchers, or something similar, and just wanted some ideas.

NewMom2RAD

Asked by NewMom2RAD at 10:56 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Health

• cut the junk and processed foods.
    eat 5 big salads a week that use swiss chard, kale collards and spinach.
    eat two fruits a day.
    cut the dairy.
    eat avocados and nuts.
    go for walks daily with your kiddos! increase the time and or speed as you are able!
    good luck!
    (i was 3 lbs away from my pre 1st baby weight and got pregnant with #5...i was really angry at first : ))
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My husband and I do Sparkspeople. It has worked great for us. Ive lost 25 lbs! I try to eat right (most of the time). We have one cheat day a week where we allow ourselves to have some kind of sweet without going overboard. We focus on eating lots of fruits, veggies, and whole grains, not so much meat and processed foods. I wasnt about to spend a lot of money on a diet plan when I know that I have all the tools to lose weight right here at home. I also do yoga a few times a week. Its simple and can be done at home, but you do get results from it.

Try to remember that on any fitness/diet plan, there will be days when we slip up and eat the wrong thing or dont feel like working out. Its ok, just get back on it the next day.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:04 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If you havent already cut out soda. When you go to a store park farthest parking spot away from the store. Drink water. Dont eat anything fried, start bakeing everything if you can. Cut out red meat. eat chicken. Walk outside and play outside with your kids. Clean your house alot. all that walking around adds up. Dont buy junk food, if its not at your house you can't eat it. If your drinking milk, switch to 2% milk, once you get used to it, its not that much different then whole milk. Keep a food diary of what you eat everyday so that your aware of how much and what you eat, so you know what you need to cut out. Snack on fruit. When you get hungry after dinner, eat (sugarless ) cereal like grape nut flakes and cheerios and special k berries. Hope any of this info helped. Im also trying to lose weight, so if you have any tips to help me lose weight let me know.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don't buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:21 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Aqua_Jen, your last statement really helped me feel better. I am actually doing good today. My sister is really into clean eating, is very thin, and spends a lot of time lecturing. What's hard is when I have to also cook for my family. I am thinking about putting the rest of my family on the same healthy stuff I'll eat, and just measure out my portion and let my husband do what he wants. I've wanted to walk but it's SO HOT here, even early in the morning! I am thinking it might be easier to do once it starts to cool down, in the meantime, I've been dying to try the 30 day shred.
    NewMom2RAD

Comment by NewMom2RAD (original poster) at 11:23 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I slip up all the time...sometimes I just really want a cheeseburger and fries! :) The next day I'm back to more healthy eating and tack on an extra 10-20 minutes of exercise. I bought an elliptical machine for my birthday last year and since it was my money I spent on it, my behind is gonna use it! Sometimes there's a week when I just don't feel like doing the "right" things, but I lost the attitude of, oh well, I'll just let myself go again. I'll take my few days to eat like crap and not exercise then I'm back to it. I remind myself of how good I feel, how strong I feel when I'm done with a good workout. It does take work and you will slip up, but don't let that get you down. You can do this, it just takes time and effort! Good luck!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oooh I havent done the 30 day shred, if/when you do it, let me know what you think of it! Im glad I could help! I did put my husband on the healthy living plan as well. I wasnt going to make two dinners every night and I figure this way we can both get in better shape. Good luck! Let me know if you want to chat about anything or have questions! :)
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:00 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• use an online calculator to figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight.
    then eat as clean as possible.
    eat everything as close to nature as possible.

now for the important part WEIGH YOUR FOOD AND TRACK CALORIES.
    if you guess, you won't lose.
    you can essentially eat anything you want .. as long as you have the calories. you learn to eat better and get the most food for your alloted calories.

drink lots of water.
    have 30 grams of protein within 3 hours of waking up in the morning with less than 10 grams of net carbs.

MOVE!!!
    even if it's parking further away at the store, or walking around the block.
    there are videos on fitness websties and youtube.
    you can use household items as weights.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 11:06 PM on Aug. 13, 2010