Ok, I have a weird question about drinking from straws.....LOL

According to my mom, I drink from a straw funny and I say she does. So, tell me, which do you deem weird?

ME: I have the straw in my mouth against the roof and put my tongue on the bottom and suck.
MOM: She puts the tip just inside her lips in front of her teeth and sucks.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 11:01 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i think you are doing it right - you suck it like you do for a pop or a shake and your mom sips it like she were drinking a fancy cocktail! Tell her she is weird! :)
    newmama321

Answer by newmama321 at 12:55 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Wow. As many times as I've drank from a straw, I now can no longer remember how I do it, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• lol. i think it just goes that everyone does things different but not wrong. your got a right way of it for you, she has a right way for her. both right maybe both weird...i just put the straw in between my teeth, bite down and suck. works great for the camel pack. lol. so to each their own i guess.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have seen where drinking from a straw keeps you teeth whiter if you put if past your teeth, so I say go that way.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 11:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I must put the straw past my teeth.

Answer by Bmat at 11:29 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I do it like your mom does

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Hahahahaha...that's too funny.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I guess I never really gave it much thought. IMO, there is no right way or wrong way as long as the liquid is getting where it belongs. LOL. Thinking about it, I do have it between my teeth, but not biting down or against the roof of my mouth. I think I automatically do it this way because my teeth are sensitive to cold. So, this method bypasses that issue.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• LOL...yeah, I don't notice...my mom does. She swears I am the weird one and doing it incorrectly. Heck, she thinks I mispronounce the name Megan because I don't say May-gan. I say Meg-an. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Her way sounds a little more odd...I can't remember how I do it, I rarely use straws, but with my camelbak I have to bite and suck - so it's past my teeth but not by much. I can't imagine having the liquid wash all over my teeth though!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010