I don't get it? He wants to be friends now?

My ex treated me like crap when we were married, but now that we are divorced he wants to be friends. I don't get that at all because if he at least would have treated me like a friend our relationship could have had a shot. As it was he was not willing to work on it in the past so why be friends now? Anyone have a clue as to what is up with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Is he looking for a romp in the hay??
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:07 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I dont know what to say. Maybe he thinks he would make a better friend then a husband. Friends have a different type of commitment then husbands do.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My ex and I are friendly, I think we get along better now that we're divorced. Some people make better friends than married people.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If you have children between you, he probably feels that it is better for them if you and he are nice to one another. Not intimate, but not fighting.

Answer by Bmat at 11:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'll bet he's thinking friends with benefits

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• imo i think he is thinking friends with benefits. if you children i would keep it strictly about the kids only! whats the point in being friends now? the marriage is over so move forward and dont look back.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:58 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I can identify. I hated my ex husband when we were married. But now that we're divorced we're best friends. Some people work better as friends. Now whatever marital problems you had don't exist. He doesn't have to count on you for anything major and your actions don't affect him as greatly. That's how I feel about my ex. His stupidity and carelessness and lack of ambition aren't my problem anymore, they are his new fiancee's! So I can enjoy him for the sweet person he is and we can raise our son happily with our new partners.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:20 PM on Aug. 13, 2010