climing your phone on the insurnce

i have a verizon phone and its broke can you call and claim it on your insurance or do you have to go down there and if you just say it is broke do they give you a whole new phone for the $50 or do you have to use the same battery pack you have.....tryin to see if it would be better to "lose" my phone and it would be $50 to get a new one

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not sure what you are asking. Claim it on what kind of insurance?
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• broken. not "broke"/. It is broken.
    What are you asking
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• If you want to claim it on your house Ins it may cause your policy to go up a little. It might not be worth it, I'd call the Ins co.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I would go down and talk to them.Find out your questions there.My phone insurance was only 5.00 a month.I just cancelled it because the insurance covered alot but it was like medical insurance with a deductible.I didn't have a deductilble but I might have well had.Replacing this or fixing that cost me an arm & a leg.But would talk to them and see what options you have.Good luck! : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:07 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Depends on your policy. We are w/ AT&T and DH's phone got damaged, so he had to call them and they sent him a new phone with a pre-paid mailer to return the damaged phone. I don't think we actually had to pay the $50 since we had a phone to return (I think the $50 fee is to replace a lost phone).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• if you have phone insurance claim it you don't always have to get the same phone infact I have got newer phone that way. Most the time they give you the next best thing.
    mommy1girl1boy

Answer by mommy1girl1boy at 2:40 PM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Oh I think you have to break it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2010