help me please. I have done every disipline possible my 2.5 year old has been bitting since 18 months old and now she has something new.

She started bitting at 18 months old. She has bit the neighbor girl a couple times. She has tried to bit me once, but I said I wouldn't even think about it so she stopped. She mostly bits her 5 year old sister though. She stops then she will start back up again she stops and starts again. Well lately it has been a lot. Like 2 days ago she bit her sisters back and left a bruse, I put her in the playpin for a while and told her no you don't bit that hurts. She was in the playpin for quit a while since she isn't learning. Then yesterday she bit her sister in the butt (I know sounds funny), but she left her a bruse on her butt. So I did the same disipline since everything else isn't working. Then she has a new thing she has been sitting herself even she has a bitmark/bruse on her wrist from her doing it. the first time my 5 year old told me that I seen her do it as well I told her that is fine let her do it to CONT....

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sorry also offer a positive reward if she has a successful playdate. like ya'll can make cookies. keep reminding her though out the day "i see that you have not bitten i'm proud of you and i can't wait to make cookies with you!!" she undersands cookies and mommy's calm voice. Does she talk well yet? like 3 and 4 word sent? if so when you see her getting ready to bite pull her aside and ask her to tel you why she wants to bite you may uncover something is going on with her that you haven't noticed!! YOU are the best positive reinforecment for her.
    Cajuntexan03

Answer by Cajuntexan03 at 11:26 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• bite her back
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Perhaps you need to bit her every time she does it to someone else then maybe she will get that it is painful and unacceptable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I used to have a 2 year old that would pull his cousin's hair (they are 10 days apart) so I pulled my son's hair...he didn't do it after that. Joyce Meyer once said she had a grand baby with the biting issue so she bit her-grand baby never did it again.

some people spank their kids-same thing. The only time I ever learned some lessons as a kid was with spanking-some kids that is how they are.

if you are not into corporal punishment I would suggest going to a child psychologist. You could also check out 1,2,3 magic series I've used on my kids with success. I only do corporal punishment if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY AND A LAST RESORT...but that is me.
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• you my daugher did the same exact thing when she was that old. I'm not a doc or anything but from my experience (three kids later/ seven years of child care) its a phase. i know they say that time out does not work but it really does if you stay with it. be consistant and whe she does bite " shes playing with big sister and she bites her" immediatly put her in a place that she can she you, make her stay for her 2 mins(if she cry so what) then tell her why and that this is what is going to happen then make her appoligize to sister and repeat. Kids eill do what they can get away with. having her bite herself is not a good idea that lets her know that if i can take it so can they. shes smart she knows whats going on. just because she is little doesn;t mean she doesn't understand. be honest with her (even though she is 2) good luck
    Cajuntexan03

Answer by Cajuntexan03 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• Seriously, the playpen thing might not connect biting to the punishment. The second she bites, either pop her mouth as you loudly and firmly tell her NO!!! BITING!!!! That hurts. Or bite her back immediately everytime. It sounds bad, but, some kids need a punishment that they can associate to the crime. Like my son, when he tried to touch m y curling iron as a baby, I popped his hand as I told him no, if he talked back, I popped his mouth. When he bit, I bit him back. He never bit again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• herself maybe she will realilze it hurts. She crys, but still bits herself now today she has this new thing. She went to try to bit her sister when I told her no before she did it she sat down on the floor and bangged her head on the floor like 4 times. What to do?
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I have done that and it only mad things worse
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I am not sure I have bit her for like 2 months staright everytime she did it at 2 and now she is bitting worse than ever now it is becoming an every day thing
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I don't think you should bite her. That will only show her that biting is OK, even mommy does it. Very confusing. I think you should try giving her more attention. Make an extra effort to do something alone with her every day. I know it's hard, but she is calling out for attention. I would also talk to your doctor. Maybe he will suggest a child psychologist.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:22 AM on Aug. 13, 2010