How do you protect your children?

My boys love going to Chuck e Cheese. I say we go atleast 4 times a month. But as you know where there are children, there are germs, and some parentsdont mind bringing there sick children around others. We use hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes but do you do anything different?

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• People shouldn't tell other people they are silly for trying to protect their kids from getting sick. It wouldn't be as much of a problem if people stayed home when they are sick and if they kept their sick kids home.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:47 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• They need to be exposed to some of those germs so their immune system can learn to fight it off. Too much antibacterial soap and disinfectant isn't a good thing either.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We don't do anything... Germs aren't bad. And we don't EVER use sanitizers or anything like that, they are worse than germs! I keep baby wipes in my purse and we do wipe off the table (even a clean one) with those before we sit to eat... But beyond that, there isn't anything we do. If we didn't want to expose our kids to that stuff, we would stay home.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:14 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I'd have them wash before eating.

Answer by Bmat at 11:16 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• nope.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We do a lot of hand washing and make sure Tess isn't putting her fingers in her mouth or rubbing her eyes. She catches a lot of colds, so we do what we can to reduce the risk.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:15 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• It's good to build up a resistance to germs. You are doing just fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• My children have a genetic immune deficiency disease and my grandson was just diagnosed with the same disease. I have lived with being careful for over 25 years. If you are going to go someplace like that or a buffet it is best to be the first ones there and go on a day that it's not going to be busy. The food is fresh and the kids can maybe play by themselves.

You can use sanitizer too much and hands can get staph infections around the nails including MRSA. Plain soap and water is best. You don't want to use alcohol sanatizer on kids, never on babies or toddlers. Church is one of the worst places to go because people go to church sick.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:18 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• We just wash hands. I really don't worry too much about germs. My kids don't get sick very often. I don't think there's really anything you can do to prevent lice.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 13, 2010

• I wipe down the table with the alcohol wipes and santize and wash their hands before we eat. Its not like I wipe down everything. But a friend of mines daughter got head lice and she said its from chuck e cheese, how do I protect them against that?
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Aug. 13, 2010